Join us for a Wee Adventure to get outdoors, share new experiences, refresh family dynamics, be challenged, feel inspired, unplug and embrace your spirit of adventure! All set in Perthshire's spectacular natural playground.
Wee Adventures all have one thing in common, they will leave you feeling refreshed, nurtured, inspired and reconnected to the fundamentals: nature, time, space, yourself and each other. And maybe a little bit muddy round the edges!
Our activities include canoeing, climbing, abseiling, tree climbing, slacklining, mountain biking, bush craft or forest play adventures. Try a bespoke private booking for families, friends or groups; outdoor learning and activities for schools; corporate away-days; adventure sports coaching; school holiday Activity Days; brilliant Birthday Parties; monthly Adventure Clubs and Bike Clubs.
We are open for bookings all year round and enjoy a winter adventure as much as a summer one. Check out our Activity Calendar for great adventures in the school holidays. Get in touch and be inspired by Biscuit’s unique and infectious enthusiasm for all things outdoors, and life!
- "Best Ever" Birthday Parties: imaginative play, bushcraft, slack lining, den building, tree climbing, biking, playboating in the pool, wide games, climbing, abseiling. A whole day, half a day or a couple of hours after school. You imagine it, we deliver it. Or you book it and we imagine it for you.
- Activities for Kids: Stuck for childcare or ideas for keeping the kids active and entertained during the holidays? Many kids tell us that a 'Biscuit Day' is the answer! See our Activity Days for more details.
- Family Adventures: You may be visiting Highland Perthshire and wondering how best to get out and enjoy the local environment, or simply looking for some weekend or holiday adventures en famille. Give your family something to talk about back at school, or in the office, on Monday,
- Nature Trails: We are constantly in awe of our surroundings. Do you ever feel the need to get off the treadmill and simply absorb some nature? The lochs and rivers in Highland Perthshire are home to a vast array of wildlife. Float down a river with Biscuit, explore the Beaver evidence and see what else you can spot.
- Experience Gifts: In a world full of material possessions, why not give a loved one a really special gift - a day to remember.
- Stag Party or Hen Party: Highland Pethshire is nature's own playground. If you want a stag or hen party that is personal and outdoors, give us a call.
- Water: using canoes or kayaks, outdoors on lochs and rivers, or indoors in the warmth of a swimming pool
- Foot: guided walks, family days out, forest play, bushcraft
- Wheels: guided mountain bike journeys
- Rock/crag/wall: climbing and abseiling, outdoors or indoors
Wee Adventures is run by husband and wife team Sarah and Biscuit. Sarah is Captain Indoors and runs the business, enabling Biscuit (Captain Outdoors or Richard if he's in trouble) to deliver it with a uniquely infectious enthusiasm, natural skill in all things outdoors and an effortless manner with people of all ages.
On a serious note, Biscuit is a qualified BCU Level 4 canoe and kayak coach. He also holds his Summer Mountain Leader Award and is a Single Pitch Award Climbing Instructor and Mountain Bike Leader. He has a passion for coaching, guiding and leading expeditions in the great outdoors.
Biscuiteering to Wee Adventures
We initially launched ‘Biscuiteering’ as a seasonal project over winter 2015/16, sharing our passion for continuing to get outside over the winter months. It quickly became apparent that Biscuiteering had a life of its own and was positively demanding to be run all year round (which certainly had its moments with two small children also demanding year round attention)! In October 2016 we rebranded to Wee Adventures for a more generic appeal and we started trading as Wee Adventures Limited in January 2017.
The BIG question...
Why is he called Biscuit? You'll have to wait until you meet him. Nobody tells the story better...
We are based in Aberfeldy, Perthshire. Luckily for us it is the geographic centre of Scotland and also an amazing natural playground with some of Scotland's finest lochs, rivers, forests, walks, bike trails, munros and crags. Getting outside in this part of the world is a real pleasure. We would be delighted to welcome you to our home and show you around, but we are happy to travel to you, or your favourite part of Scotland too.
Aberfeldy is only an hour and a half's drive from Edinburgh and Glasgow, and two hours from Inverness. The town itself has a host of brilliant independent retailers, cafes and even our own boutique cinema. Highland Perthshire is a fantastic combination of everything that makes Scotland so special: environment, culture, sport and people ... it's a great place to visit.
Located in the eastern area of Loch Tay near the village of Aberfeldy, Wee Adventures are situated in the most idyllic country setting which is perfect for a day out all year round.
Need More Inspiration?
There are a wide range of activities and things to do at Loch Tay. You can walk, cycle and travel around the countryside to your heart’s content. In the winter you can even explore the wilderness and discover the wildlife that inhabit the mountain tops. As well as enjoying your time on land, you can also get on the water and explore the beauty of Loch Tay.
Find Your Dream Holiday Today
Relax in your own luxurious lodge on the shores of Loch Tay. Indulge yourself in natures own Scottish beauty while you surround yourself with stunning highland wilderness and wildlife.